Sea Anenome in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cageybob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
[Dive master in Ambergris spotted this, later identified it as Soandon Sea Anenome, but I can't find any info on it. I tried different spellings with no luck. He said it was very rare and National Geographic had to identify it when they first spotted it. It was about 1.5 feet in diameter and was in the sand, just as you entered a crevice. I'm guessing we were around 60' on a mornning dive.

View attachment 35300
View attachment 35301

Hi Res image at the following link
ViewPhoto

[Dive master in Ambergris spotted this, later identified it as Soandon Sea Anenome, but I can't find any info on it. I tried different spellings with no luck. He said it was very rare and National Geographic had to identify it when they first spotted it. It was about 1.5 feet in diameter and was in the sand, just as you entered a crevice. I'm guessing we were around 60' on a mornning dive.

Hi Res image at the following link
ViewPhoto
I still never found out what this is. Try the link below to view it.

Epson PhotoCenter - Visit Albums - View Photo

Sorry noone has answered. Regretably, I can't answer anything for you - but it is a pretty amazing creature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom