Sea and Sea ys110

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimorus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Definitely available. I had one delivered from Leisure Pro this week for a trip in February.

The strobe alone was on sale 479 plus shipping and made it to Ohio in three days. If you don't have a fiber optic cord you may wish to order the kit including one.

I have dealt with other discounters in the past and some of the parts were missing and ad-ons after the sale to account for the discounted price, but Leisure shipped all of the advertised parts at the discount price. Thank you Leisure Pro

The sensitivity of the slave mode is not as sensitive as I would have thought, in fact I coudn't get it to fire without the fiber optic cord in place, thus the "order a cord" advice

The spotting light is a little dimmer than I would have thought, but it beats the one that is included on the ys90 series, none. I will have a plan for night dives in case it is much too dim as a dive light. I have used the Ikelites as a primary light and been happy

Out of water the flash is extremely powerful and cycles as advertised

The slave switch seems a little cheap, but if it is watertight it works. It is good down to 5 feel in the pool, but I am nervous about it on the first real dive.

Our trip is in mid-February. I will shoot with a 5060 in an Olympus housing. After the trip I will report on its effectiveness and hopefully that the slave switch was perfect.

Jimorus

Where you going in February? We are going to Cozumel and will be using 3 of these YS-110s for the first time also. We use them with sync cords though, not fiber optic so we don't have the problem you were describing in your post.

I can't wait to try them out in the ocean though..

Back
Top Bottom