sea and sea MMII EX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark s

Reaction score
I just bought a sea and sea MMII EX without a strobe . We will be in Cozumel in June and it looks like I wont have a strobe for this trip. Any suggestions for taking pictures underwater without a strobe?

Good luck without a strobe. Here are 2 things that will help. Use as fast a film as you can get away with, 400 speed is your best bet, I like Kodak Royal Gold (not regular gold),it has a finer gain than most 400 speed films do. The second is be in as shallow water as possible, you will lose a lot of color very quickly after 10 ft or so. Also, try using the new Kodak "Sea Processing" (go to the Sea & Sea web site for a link to it). These guys do a lot better job of processing uw photos than regular labs. You might try renting a strobe when you get to Coz, all in all, that is the best thing you could do.

I think you can get some usefull pictures without a strobe.

At first you should use films from 400 up to 800 ASA. I often use 800ASA.

Without a strobe you should always take a photo from the bottom to the surface!

The build in strobe is usefull with the close up lens.

While using the close up lens you can use films with 100 ASA.

I've made a lot of nice pictures at the deep limit of MX-II with 800 ASA and no strobe. For example the results are good at wreck dive's but not for colored fishes or plants.

In my opinion colored films are still better than black and white films.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom