Sea and Sea DX-5000G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dnishio

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone know anything about the SAS DX-5000G? I know some of the basic stats like 5.1 MP and the price range - but wanted to see if anyone had information on performance and reliability, etc. Maybe even how it compares to Canon as I am more familiar with the Canon line of digital cameras.

Thanks!

The DX5000 is a great camera. I have used the Dx3000 for teaching since it first came out.

The camera is great for the "point and shoot" diver. If you are looking to take good quality snapshots, this is your best bet. The macro capabilities are fabulous. Focusing at approximately an inch from the subject, you can get high quality macro photos with great color and detail.

The zoom is great (24-85 approx), and the size of the camera is compact so you can just clip it off on your b.c. The option wide angle lens is a great compliment to your system. One thing I really like about the DX 5000 is the capability to add things to your system. You can start with the camera and add the strobe and accessory lenses later, or you can order it in a nice package with the Pelican case.

If you have any more specific questions reg. the camera, pricing or anything, send me a PM.

Best of luck,

Mike Luzansky
h2ophotopros.com

H2OPhotoPro:
...If you have any more specific questions reg. the camera, pricing or anything, send me a PM.

Best of luck,

Mike Luzansky
h2ophotopros.com

That's a nice offer Mike, but it would benefit others who may have the same questions if they were asked and answered here on the board.

I saw - handled - drooled over this camera at DEMA. I would love to have two of them so I could teach advanced digital photography to small classes. I like the fiber optic strobe interface and the five meg resolution. Plus the snap on wide angle.

Oh yeah!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom