SDR: Shark Fin Soup on the Las Vegas Strip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got this email!

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know we have removed shark fin soup from our menu.

Erin Robbins
Executive Secretary to Pete Boyd, Vice President of Food & Beverage

Cool beans! I hope it is true!

Wow, I hope they really did!

Is this illegal? If not, then they are not the ones to be emailing.

Exactly...If congress is sent concerns then at least we could cause them big headaches...

We don't need laws to take care of that for which public outcry will suffice. That is the problem with this country - laws are passed to placate vocal minorities who can't muster enough public support to get the job done.

Just got this email!
Quote:
Thank you for your email. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know we have removed shark fin soup from our menu.

Erin Robbins
Executive Secretary to Pete Boyd, Vice President of Food & Beverage

[/size][/font]

And that is how it is done. Great job! Free market does work! I have no problem with responsible fishing where as much of the animal as possible is used. Shark finning provides neither.

I just got the email myself. I will diligently try to get to the Venetian soon. If they are honest about this, I will thank them personally when I dine there. I Believe in rewarding the businesses that are concerned with our concerns as a community. It may have been near sighted to place shark fin soup on the menu. It was genius to quickly remove it once the concerns were presented to the management.
I have dove in Lake Meade eight times, out of Boulder city. Interesting change, fresh water and Vegas around the corner. There are a couple of dive shops there. Colorado River Divers supported my friends and I with our dive needs. Nice folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom