scubatoys site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure that is the place that gives 10% discount to Scuba Board members. Make sure to ask that if you buy the kit.

I never bought from there but I believe what the other members mentioned. As for costs, the shipping costs to Canada should not be much higher than to the US. HOWEVER, beware of the importation fees at the custom. They can kill a great deal very quickly. For example, I once bought something online (not scuba related) and it cost about 100$ shipping included. Then, when the package arrived, I was unhappily surprised to get a 45$ extra charge for "importation fees". Now, when I buy online, I ship it to a US adress where I spend a week every year.

These importation fees btw are not always charged, I dont know why. Seems like a russian roulette game.

Anyway, welcome to the board. :)

wardric:
I never bought from there but I believe what the other members mentioned. As for costs, the shipping costs to Canada should not be much higher than to the US. HOWEVER, beware of the importation fees at the custom. They can kill a great deal very quickly. For example, I once bought something online (not scuba related) and it cost about 100$ shipping included. Then, when the package arrived, I was unhappily surprised to get a 45$ extra charge for "importation fees". Now, when I buy online, I ship it to a US adress where I spend a week every year.

These importation fees btw are not always charged, I dont know why. Seems like a russian roulette game.

Anyway, welcome to the board.

This is where ScubaToys really excels, they use UPS Global which includes all brokerage fee's. A little more expensive than regular UPS but no brokerage fees tacked on.
I had a package shipped up with a set of fins, 2 pair of boot's, snorkel, and a bunch of accesories. Overnight shipping was about $60.
I saved almost $100 on just the fins rather than buying them from an LDS.

CA TAH:
This is where ScubaToys really excels, they use UPS Global which includes all brokerage fee's. A little more expensive than regular UPS but no brokerage fees tacked on.
I had a package shipped up with a set of fins, 2 pair of boot's, snorkel, and a bunch of accesories. Overnight shipping was about $60.
I saved almost $100 on just the fins rather than buying them from an LDS.

really!!!! then that's very interesting. Thanks for the precision. My post do apply to many other online store though.

Where are you from btw CA TAH?

charly3411:
i every body i want to know if it is safe and efficient to buy scuba kit on this site, tell me about your positive or negative experiences and what is shipping cost to Canada

thank you
Charly from Laval, Canada

I had a up and coming trip last year and bought a backpack style BC with integrated weights. Larry gave me half price on the weights, so I went ahead and bought the weights (it was cheaper even with the shipping). I had the gear shipped to my place of employement and someone in the shop signed for the package when it showed up. When I got back to the shop, I noticed that the box was torn open. I found that one of the BC weight pouch and the weights in the pouch missing. I called Scuba toys and explained about my trip that is up and coming on Saturday. Larry Next day air the pouch and weights with a apology. They didnt charge me dime for the NDA charges or the missing items.

And then, about two weeks ago, I started getting a one year subscription for a Scuba magazine that said compliments of Scuba toys.com

Great prices, great service, great advice......................

Back
Top Bottom