ScubaPro Universal Tool on Amazon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I looked at the one and the brass one for $2 more.

I took 2 days of SP class. I don't think I know enough yet, and I wasn't sure if the official SP tool has any extra functions.

I was also a little put off that the Scuba Tools one has a legend that shows what regs it is for and it doesn't list the Mk 25. I realize that it probably works just fine for the Mk 25, even though it doesn't say it.

In the end, I decided I would be pretty unlikely to ever regret buying the actual SP tool. In the future, I can see myself buying at least one of the ST ones, so that I can keep one in my reg bag and another on my workbench.

So, like I said, it was just a PSA because the prevailing wisdom seemed to be that you cannot get the official SP tool anywhere except by going to a SP dealer. If nobody else actually wants one, no worries! :D
I have both...the Scuba Pro Universal Tool and the Scuba Tool. The Scuba Tool will work fine for most people...including regulator technicians. The Scuba Pro Universal Tool has extra design features specific for certain regulators, MK 25. Technicians have the knack for learning t do the job with the tools that they have available. So either will work, but the Scuba Pro has more functioned designed into it. I have taken the Scuba Pro's Reg Maintenance course several times and each time I seem to walk away with a new use for the Universal too. If I had to buy one or the other I would skip lunch twice at McDonald's and with the $20 I save I would buy the Scuba Pro tool first...especially if I took their Reg class.

I have both...the Scuba Pro Universal Tool and the Scuba Tool. The Scuba Tool will work fine for most people...including regulator technicians. The Scuba Pro Universal Tool has extra design features specific for certain regulators, MK 25. Technicians have the knack for learning t do the job with the tools that they have available. So either will work, but the Scuba Pro has more functioned designed into it. I have taken the Scuba Pro's Reg Maintenance course several times and each time I seem to walk away with a new use for the Universal too. If I had to buy one or the other I would skip lunch twice at McDonald's and with the $20 I save I would buy the Scuba Pro tool first...especially if I took their Reg class.

How was the regulator class? Do you have to work for a shop to go to one?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom