ScubaPro type 90 swivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No it a swivel that goes on the second stage. But thank you.

Are you talking about a true swivel or a 90 degree fitting? There is a big difference in terms of failures. Please do your homework on swivels and you will see they are major failure point. Anything that has a bolt going thru a swivel can come apart in a flurry of bubbles. There are a few brands that are captured that hold up well. Just type "swivel failure" into the search on this board and read some of the horror stories.

Is this the one you are thinking of? CLICKY! If so I wouldn't recommend using it.

Are you talking about a true swivel or a 90 degree fitting? There is a big difference in terms of failures. Please do your homework on swivels and you will see they are major failure point. Anything that has a bolt going thru a swivel can come apart in a flurry of bubbles. There are a few brands that are captured that hold up well. Just type "swivel failure" into the search on this board and read some of the horror stories.

Is this the one you are thinking of? CLICKY! If so I wouldn't recommend using it.

No I do not want one with a bolt going thru it that is why I want the one the SP made a time ago. I know all about failure points thank you.

This is what I would like to have

Attachments

• mar00043.jpg
    mar00043.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 157
I've seen them on ebay somewhat sporadically, usually listed as 120s. I was going to try one on my wife's rig - 40 inch hose under her arm.

This is what I would like to have
That is NOT a 90 degree fitting, nor is it a swivel.

XS Scuba 90° Right Angle "UnderArm" Adapter

Dive Rite RG1350 Right Angle Adapter

Above are two different brands of 90 degree fittings. If you want a 120 you can search it out yourself. Scubapro may have made one in the past, but they no longer offer one. Personally I would rather have a new one than a used one. Most likely Scubapro didn't make it themselves, as they outsource most of their accessories.

The better question is why do you want one? There are better solutions out there. I.E. 5'-7' hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom