Closed Scubapro S620ti 2nd stage (New)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geo7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all,
up for sale is a S620ti 2nd stage that I thought I'd use but it just sits in a drawer. It is still new in box, never put on a tank, nor has it ever been wet. New unused mouthpiece of course, but I don't have the original hose anymore.

I am however adding a used Miflex hose (the only used part in the listing).

Also, the pin that holds the front cover plate has been cut so it won't engage, and fixed in place with hot silicon. The modified pin seals the hole and does not allow silt and sand into the threads. This can be undone: The silicon rubs off leaving no trace if you decide to put in a new pin to lock the front cover. I prefer the mod as I can unscrew the cover any time (Scubapro's excellent workmanship and tolerances result in the cover torqued perfectly when level, making the need of pins superfluous).

$450 shipped to CONUS, assuming PayPal friends.

Attachments

• IMG_6169.JPG
    IMG_6169.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_6170.JPG
    IMG_6170.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6171.JPG
    IMG_6171.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_6172.JPG
    IMG_6172.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6173.JPG
    IMG_6173.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_6174.JPG
    IMG_6174.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6175.JPG
    IMG_6175.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6176.JPG
    IMG_6176.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 84
(Scubapro's excellent workmanship and tolerances result in the cover torqued perfectly when level, making the need of pins superfluous).
Fyi -- Cutting the pin and sealing the hole is also superfluous. The hole is on the outside of the diaphragm and there are huge holes in the diaphragm cover already so silt will get in there if you dive silty water.

Good news is it hasn't altered the the reg materially and shouldn't affect its value.

Good luck with sale.

Thanks for chiming in. In the beach diving we do here we deal with a lot fine sand in the water and I once accidentally had an extra friction washer in an Atomic reg that created a gap that I could not even see. After the dive it took me 5min with soap and a toothbrush to get all the sand out of the threads. This is from an imperceptable gap between front cover and housing. It is much better to make sure no sand can get into the threads. And for the diving here I am pretty sure leaving the plug out will allow sand to into the threads (you can actually see the threads through the hole).
Sand entering into the diaphragm section as you wrote does not get into the threads at all, as there is no gap (cap seals against diaphragm). I like how the G250V has angled edges of the front cover that practically seal the threads off if torqued tight.
Since we are on the topic, sand also gets into the metal threads of a G250 or Apeks adjuster knob easily, but not into an Atomic adjusting knob, nor S600. And sand can into a G260 and S620ti adjuster knob threads, only if it enters through the mouthpiece, not from outside, as their threads are o-ring protected. But this is really a California diving thing as we have to get through significant waves to get into the water, and lots of sand and silt is stirred up. Most divers elswhere can forget about this :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom