Scubapro Regulator Service Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastone

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone know if there is an instruction video available that shows tear down and assembly of MK25/600? I have the manuals, but would be helpful to see someone actually doing the repairs.

Thanks,

Stan

Does anyone know if there is an instruction video available that shows tear down and assembly of MK25/600? I have the manuals, but would be helpful to see someone actually doing the repairs.

Thanks,

Stan
I doubt it scuba pro is pretty protective of who can service their stuff you aren't even supposed to be able to buy the service kits

Was kinda hoping that someone made a gopro video of the tear down and reassembly of the 25/600 posted on YouTube. I can find the parts, just be nice to see someone actually doing the rebuild. The manuals are self explanatory, but watching someone doing it is always better.

Did you search youtube? I know there are MK5 or MK10 videos, and the MK25 is not that much different, actually easier but a few more parts to change. Or you could try searching for MK20. The S600 is a bit more fiddly with the added stuff in the adjustment mechanism, but follow the repair manual and you'll be okay.

Or you won't and you'll die a horrible death, giving dive shops decades of material for scary stories to keep customers from attempting DIY servicing. :D

Probably the best overall resource is Vance Harlow's excellent book on regulator repair.

couv, Thanks for the video's.....this will help me better understand the maintenance manuals. I also need to purchase the tools. I want to learn how to rebuild all of my MK25's, 600's and 395's. Doesn't look that difficult after watching someone do it. If anyone runs across additional videos showing complete tear down and assembly, let me know.

Thanks,

Stan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom