Scubapro Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lance, What kind of condition are the Mk25/A700's in? Any deal if I buy both? Thanks, Jim

Scubapro regulators are not registered by the dealer at the time of purchase. If you have an unregistered one, all you have to do is register it on line. Scubapro wants to know where it was purchased. A way to get around this is to say you got it as a gift. When you say that they then tell you where it was purchased. Maybe some dealers register it for you, but not as a rule. If Scubapro made that their policy it would stop the registration process of people that were not the original purchaser. Some people also try to get warranty work done by saying that they were the original purchaser by using the original purchasers name. As far as I know that's fraud and consequently is illegal , although many people probably get away with it. I've found in life that it's best not to lie. If you put your regulator together with a wet dust cover you're going to be servicing it a lot more frequently than someone that dries off the dust cover before putting it away. I believe that the yearly service was designed as a money maker for the dive shops. Any experienced diver should know when their regulator is in need of service by the way it's functioning. The trouble is that many divers wait until it starts free flowing before taking action. Anyway, the only thing that a warranty is good for is free parts, not labor. Most parts are relativey inexpensive. An annual service kit costs less than $10.00 [Scubapro[ and many only cost around $5.00[Sherwood] So if you don't dive very much having your regulator serviced only when it needs it will save you a lot of money in the long run. I think that most dealers get their parts in bulk for free and many charge the same whether it's in warranty or not. Don't forget that the dealers need to make a profit to exist but some are bigger money mongers than others. Don't be surprised if you get treated better when you were the one that bought it new from them. One more thing, the way to end up with a million dollars in the dive industry is to start with two million.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom