Scubapro Parts for Life Program - Service Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanoobi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi There,

Quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I bought me SP reg in 2011 and had it serviced for the first time in 2012, then SP changed their service interval from 1 year to 2 years. So I brought it back in yesterday (2014) for the service to keep the parts for life warranty. The shop told me that I had to bring it in every year for an "inspection" in order to keep the parts for life program active, and they think I'm now out of warranty because I failed to do that in 2013. I honestly don't think they were trying to pull one over on me and they weren't even sure what the schedule was supposed to be. When I called around last year to confirm, nobody mentioned anything about an inspection (I called two SP shops).

Can someone confirm? To recap, it's been just less than 2 years since a service or inspection and around 65 dives.

Thanks

You can ask this in the Scuba Pro forum but in all honesty with only 65 dives on it in 2 years I would not worry about the parts for life. Dive it until it starts to act up then have it done when it needs it.

I believe as long as your service is completed within 24 months of your last service the parts for life is still active.
I believe the requirement by Scubapro is 2 years or 100 dives.
You will need to have your proof of the last service (2012) for the dealer. There is no inspection requirement that I am aware of.
You should still be covered for the parts for life. If you are still covered the Scubapro dealer will need to send the proof of service into Scubapro ASAP to keep it for the future.

Thanks for the responses, I just found something on Scubpro.com (US site - I'm in Canada) something stating 2 years or 100 dives, nothing about a yearly "inspection".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom