Scubapro MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the commets guys, it goes to the shop Monday. But I still don't see how new seats can improve the breathing performace.

scubadownFL:
Thanks for the commets guys, it goes to the shop Monday. But I still don't see how new seats can improve the breathing performace.

If it is overhauled and adjusted correctly it will be one of the best breathing regs you'll find. And you will not be able to "outbreathe" it.

I agree with those who don't have problems with the MK 25/600. I find it to work great when I set the second stage to increase flow. I find it about as good as my Atomic B2 which is one of the easiest breathers around.

Well, fwiw, I've been diving a MK25/600 for over a year now, and I can't even imagine overbreathing it.....flawless performance, down to 150'. I say take it to a tech, and have it serviced.

I use the same combo myself and it's fantastic. I'm also a Scubapro repair-guy and I see them when they come in my shop for service. There's only two things I could think. Either the adjustable orifice (which is adjusted during an overhaul) is cranked way down, or the adjustment knob on the left hand side of the regulator is cranked way down. A couple guys I know dive with the adjustment knob turned down to make it as hard breathing as they can, but they're nuts. I screw mine all the way out, and if it ever didn't give me enough air to breathe when I'm exerting myself, I'd probably have died from a heart attack long before.

I just can not see a properly set MK25 reg *not* delivering enough air. I lost 600psi in about 3 or 4 seconds yesterday when my secondary free-flowed. Frankly I think they are capable of sending WAY too much air though them.

Comrade Stroke

I dive the same reg and it has been effortless air delivery. It must be a particular problem to yours. Servicing should correct that.

Back
Top Bottom