scubapro mk25/s600 vs. beuchat vx10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've been thinking about buying one of these regulators. Although i'm doubting alot. I will prolly use them for cold water diving from 2 to 18 degrees celcius, dutch water.

I've been comparing them in their service and statistics. Both are very good for cold water, i've heard some issues about freezing 1st stages with both. I just can't make up my mind. Anyone got any suggestions why to buy one or not.

You'll hear that a lot on this board as well. I've heard nothing about the beuchat. Scubapro mk25/s600 are very high end regulators, and will serve you well in any situation. As for the cold water issues, I've heard many people have not experienced any problems diving with it at the temps you listed, and furthermore, I heard that scubapro is imaking available a cold water/environmental sealing upgrade this year for the mk25.

Both regulators opperate prolly both equal. I've been doing some reseach to warranty on the two regulators aswell, SP gives a 30 year warranty and beuchat 5 years. Would warranty be a reason to go for a certain regulator?

Lil info on the vx10:
VX10 Evolution
1st Stage
The VX10 Evolution represents the latest in technological advancements for the most demanding divers. Exceeding US Navy Class "A" ratings and CE 250European standards. Incorporating a BEUCHAT original patented revolutionary environmental thermal isolation system. Allowing the VX10 to function precisely at any water temperature. Balanced diaphragm first stage features a unique polyurethane high-pressure swivel mechanism with four low pressure outlets 3/8 permit a multitude of equipment configurations for any type of diving. Two 7/16 hp ports enable console mounting on either side. Satin chrome finish enhances appearance and durability against corrosion. Large inside diameter Super-Flow hose increases available airflow volume to the VZ second stage regardless of cylinder pressure. The VX 10 can be configured in Yoke version or DIN 200 or 300 bars. Or International model equipped q\withDIN/300 and DIN Yoke Converter. Also available for Nitrox diving. Supported by an International Beuchat Five Year Warranty program.

2nd stage
Pneumatically balanced dual adjustment VX Evolution second stage delivers exceptional performance in a small ergonomic lightweight package. With a multitude of innovations such as a manual venturi system and sensibility control knob enhance the ease of breathing and regulator performance.
(From beuchat page)

And the mk25 is prolly well known on this forum :D

I have both, and they both perform about the same. I got the VX10's because they were highly rated and innexpensive. Problem is, you cannot find anybody to service them, and if you do they cannot get parts. I started servicing my own reg's, and acting through my local shop I was able to talk to Beuchat directly. It took about 3 months, but I managed to procure about a dozen first and second stage rebuilds. I am now finished with Beuchat. The regs are balanced diaphram firsts, and are well constructed. They will let you know when they want service by breathing wet. I run them exclusively on my stages. You cannot lose with Scubapro. Everybody services them and parts are easy to get. I run the MX16/380's on my backgas. $210 at LP and they are bulletproof. BD 1st with unbalanced 2nd. Small and light with efficient hose routing options. Hope this helps.

Sorry SP I meant MK16. Two more things I like about this 1st. No swivel. When first pressurized, the swivels on both my VX10's will leak. When you wiggle them, you can hear the o-ring seat itself and the leaking stops. This thought would claw its way into my head when I would be about 2000' back in the hole.

Also, no extra ports. The reg has 1 hp and 4 lp ports. Who needs more than this? Some regs have like 8 ports! Remember that each port is a failure point and an added cost in the construction of the device. Minor maybe, but who needs it?

I'm prolly gonna need 3
1: Inflator (air2 system)
2: Regulator
3: Drysuit (dutch water can be COLD :p)

And the first guy talked about that new enviromental thingie for the mk25, all the new models are already deliverd with that new cold update.

Old model
0102bubble7.jpg

New model with cold system
mk25new.jpg

There you can see the radiator kinda thinge under the lp ports. I think that is what you mean isn't it?

I work in a diving shop myself and from what I've heard and seen is that the version 'with' the radiator system has a bigger chance of freezing than the old one. So i'm confused :D

Back
Top Bottom