ScubaPro MK25 or Aqualung Legend LX ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humanFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in the market for a regulator.

I have two LDS's to choose from. One is pushing is Aqualung Legend LX, the other the ScubaPro MK 25.

I've read very good things about both but can't decide. Both have lifetime warranties..

Any help is appreciated...

thanks!

humanFish:
I'm in the market for a regulator.

I have two LDS's to choose from. One is pushing is Aqualung Legend LX, the other the ScubaPro MK 25.

I've read very good things about both but can't decide. Both have lifetime warranties..

Any help is appreciated...

thanks!
Where are you going to dive?

About equal between northern California and tropical destinations...

thanks...

Both are excellent. Do you prefer one LDS over the other? Is there a significant price difference?

I have used both and both are nice regs although I'd say and this is only subjective that the MK25 breaths a little less mechanical. If you are always going to be in water greater than 40 F I'd say toss a coin otherwise if you think you might be in cold water I'd go with the diaphragm reg, the Aqualung.

hogluvr:
My local LDS deals in both brands. The Scubapro (MK25/S600) was his recommendation, which I went with. I'm pleased.

Larry

Larry,

On what criteria did your LDS base their recommendation? Servicability, personal bias, quality, performance, price, etc...

I believe my preferred LDS carries both as well...but is pushing the Aqualung...perhaps they are overstocked :wink:

just curious...

thanks!

I bought the Legend LX with a Titan LX octo and a Suunto Vyper computer console. Its all the performance I'll ever use and both are distributed and serviced by the same dealers throughout the USA. I can just take the whole setup in to be serviced together, when and if needed.

Scubapro is great, too. But the fact that I chose the Vyper made me decide to go with the Legend LX also.

And who doesn't like a little gold?

Back
Top Bottom