Scubapro MK25 evo + A700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C

Cammy3761

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at buying this for Christmas but I’m worried that it’s a ageing reg as it seems to be first produced a while ago, I don’t want it to be replaced as soon as I buy it. Thanks for any replies

I would go Mark 17 with G260 or maybe the Mark 19. And I put my money where my mouth is and just bought a G260 and Mark 17. I

I feel my g260 gives slightly better or precise control over when the valve opens. I guess due to a larger diaphragm. g260 mk17 is a gem if you do not need a swivel or 5th port - like single tank.

I feel my g260 gives slightly better or precise control over when the valve opens. I guess due to a larger diaphragm. g260 mk17 is a gem if you do not need a swivel or 5th port - like single tank.

Yes, I intend mine for single tank. And since the OP did not indicate plural I assumed single tank for him as well. For doubles I would have said Mark 19 for use of the fifth port. For singles the Mark 17 gives excellent routing and is more compact.

James

The Mk25 might be old, but the reason it is still around is because it is a really really solid first stage.
I would not worry about it being "outdated" or anything like that, it's an amazing reg and it will most likely be around for much longer.
Thank you, just sealed the deal and My brand new mk25 is on the way

Had my first dive with them today and they are bloody amazing!
MK25 is a high performance work horse (usually a contradiction but it fits the bill).

The thing to watch on the A700 is the adjustment screw can get jammed up with silt really easily. The adjustment assembly contains a plastic screw with fine threads inside a metal sleeve. It's a pain to separate for cleaning during service. Avoid diving in heavy silt and rinse religiously after diving and hopefully it will keep the knob from getting jammed too badly.

As a side note, i asked SP why they put a cover on the A700 that can't easily be removed to clear sand from the housing. (Cover is retained by 4 Torx microscrews.) They said the design engineer came from Ducati and he wanted to make it look like a part you might see on a cool motorbike.

What kind of non answer is that?

MK25 is a high performance work horse (usually a contradiction but it fits the bill).

As a side note, i asked SP why they put a cover on the A700 that can't easily be removed to clear sand from the housing. (Cover is retained by 4 Torx microscrews.) They said the design engineer came from Ducati and he wanted to make it look like a part you might see on a cool motorbike.

What kind of non answer is that?
He must be the same engineer that designed the Mark 21 because the first time I saw it I was wondering why the scuba shop had a model airplane engine and then I saw that it was a regulator shaped like a Ducati cylinder. Can I say that is kind of stupid and not be mean in doing so?

The main reason I just bought a G260 and not the A700 is those four torx screws!

Can the G260/A700 be retrofitted back to the simpler adjustment knob of the G250? In other words, remove the micro-adjuster BS?

James

Back
Top Bottom