Scubapro Mk25 A700 Or Apeks Black Sapphire? Need Help Deciding.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Need help choosing between Scubapro mk25 a700 or Apeks Black Sapphire? Tec/rec dives mostly in saltwater, both warm and very cold water, diving down to 80 meters on occasion. Which reg would likely be the best choice?

Assuming you are referring to Mk25/A700 regular (chrome) version, then no question here, Mk25/A700. For nothing else but "lower" price tag of $840. The Black Saphire is MSRP at $1250, it is just ridiculous. Don't forget you will need at least 2 set for double and 1 more for deco for a proper tech dive. That is a lot of money for just blinks After a few dives, all dive equipment look like crap anyway. I would suggest spending money wisely and practically

Tech diving, titanium shouldn't be mixed. Amongst atomic, the best suited reg for tech diving is M1, the 2nd inline is Z2

Won't he be wanting a diaphragm for that cold water diving?

If anyone is interested, I have two, yes two brand new, still in the box MK25/A700. These are not the EVO's bought these two just before the EVO's came out. If interested PM me and we can discuss.

Forget the Black Sapphire and get the XTX200 instead.
Personally I use DS4(18yrs) but the FSR(XTX 1st stage) comes with ARCAP + 5th port(latest FSR). The ARCAP is very useful in long run.

Back
Top Bottom