Sold! Scubapro mk2 with R190 and HOG balanced seconds

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MK2’s are Scubapro’s entry level unbalanced piston design. What that means is the intermediate pressure supplied to the second stages will begin to decline as the tank pressure drops, but with a nice balanced second stage like a G250 it is hardly noticeable. If you use the R190 as a primary it would be noticeable beginning around 500 psi tank pressure and the reg would gradually get harder and harder to breathe, but the upside to that is you get plenty of warning when your air supply is getting low.
To follow up...the MK2's drop in intermediate pressure is potentially a problem if you are diving deep and get low on gas. The reality is that should never find yourself at 130' with only 500 psi remaining. For recreational depths it's a great performing regulator and is pretty bulletproof. I've got a couple of them on my deco bottles.

To follow up...the MK2's drop in intermediate pressure is potentially a problem if you are diving deep and get low on gas. The reality is that should never find yourself at 130' with only 500 psi remaining. For recreational depths it's a great performing regulator and is pretty bulletproof. I've got a couple of them on my deco bottles.
I can say with 100% certainty that I will never dive that deep. 60 feet sounds deep to me, although I did that depth on our training dive in NJ.
Thanks!

Dropped price before I pack it away

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom