Sold! Scubapro mk2 with R190 and HOG balanced seconds

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
First, two seconds, b/c hose with solid IP of ~130, $165 shipped in the u.s.
IMG_8803.jpeg

If you question the MK-2, @Nemrod has recently been singing its graces. I've been a fan of them for a long time. Simple, and reliable. Great recreational rig. I actually carry one as a spare when I travel in case we have troubles (but never have).

Someone like @buddhasummer might have a G250 to swap in for the HOG if you don't like the "mix and match" of brands. It (the HOG) is a good second stage, but there isn't a "substantial network" for them. I have them, and they are good regulators. And, no, haven't had problems with them either.

I assume your husband's regs have a gauge set you can swap over...

If you question the MK-2, @Nemrod has recently been singing its graces. I've been a fan of them for a long time. Simple, and reliable. Great recreational rig. I actually carry one as a spare when I travel in case we have troubles (but never have).

Someone like @buddhasummer might have a G250 to swap in for the HOG if you don't like the "mix and match" of brands. It is a good second stage, but there isn't a "substantial network" for them. I have them, and they are good regulators. And, no, haven't had problems with them either.

I assume your husband's regs have a gauge set you can swap over...
I have to look it over again. It's just the regulator, I think. I'm not home but will check when I get back.
Thanks!

@nldunn in case you’re wondering what all the reg jargon talk is about regarding G250, R190, etc. those are model numbers of Scubapro 2nd stages.
The G250 is probably the best overall balanced second stage ever produced by any company and is the most copied design of all time. It is a super easy breather and has an adjustment knob on the side to adjust breathing ease at depth.
The R190 is a basic unbalanced simple poppet/lever design which usually came stock with a Scubapro MK2, and it too is an extremely reliable simple design. R190’s are generally used for the back up second stage if a fancier balanced second stage is used for the primary.
MK2’s are Scubapro’s entry level unbalanced piston design. What that means is the intermediate pressure supplied to the second stages will begin to decline as the tank pressure drops, but with a nice balanced second stage like a G250 it is hardly noticeable. If you use the R190 as a primary it would be noticeable beginning around 500 psi tank pressure and the reg would gradually get harder and harder to breathe, but the upside to that is you get plenty of warning when your air supply is getting low.
Parts for all this stuff are widely available and you will never have to worry that they will become obsolete.

@nldunn in case you’re wondering what all the reg jargon talk is about regarding G250, R190, etc. those are model numbers of Scubapro 2nd stages.
The G250 is probably the best overall balanced second stage ever produced by any company and is the most copied design of all time. It is a super easy breather and has an adjustment knob on the side to adjust breathing ease at depth.
The R190 is a basic unbalanced simple poppet/lever design which usually came stock with a Scubapro MK2, and it too is an extremely reliable simple design. R190’s are generally used for the back up second stage if a fancier balanced second stage is used for the primary.
MK2’s are Scubapro’s entry level unbalanced piston design. What that means is the intermediate pressure supplied to the second stages will begin to decline as the tank pressure drops, but with a nice balanced second stage like a G250 it is hardly noticeable. If you use the R190 as a primary it would be noticeable beginning around 500 psi tank pressure and the reg would gradually get harder and harder to breathe, but the upside to that is you get plenty of warning when your air supply is getting low.
Parts for all this stuff are widely available and you will never have to worry that they will become obsolete.
Thank you for that explanation. It makes sense now!!
Nancy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom