Scubapro MK17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I would like sharing with your guys, Scubapro MK17/S600 balanced and good regulator for tec deep water dived.
I used MK17/S600 75m Tec Trimix dived in PG, highest performances first stage with reasonable price.:05:

I Strong recommended.

Jason

Man is it getting good reviews. Too bad my MK15 will probably never wear out, and I honestly could not imagine much better performance.

the s600 is an awesome second stage but i prefer the mk25 as a first stage because i like the balanced piston better than the balanced diaphragm but u can't go wrong with scubapro regardless

Hi,
I always used MK25/S600 for my back gas, but this time I try MK17/S600, found that good performance balanced diaphragm first stage for deep water dive.

Jason

Heavy D:
the s600 is an awesome second stage but i prefer the mk25 as a first stage because i like the balanced piston better than the balanced diaphragm but u can't go wrong with scubapro regardless

Jason, could you please post some hose routing pics here?

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=121644

I had the chance to experiment with some hose routing options (but not dive with) a couple of MK17s and found the HP ports to be in a rather strange position.

mattboy:
Man is it getting good reviews. Too bad my MK15 will probably never wear out, and I honestly could not imagine much better performance.
"Mk 15 ? I'm still own a MK10 that after 20 years works like new"! NO MAJOR PROBLEMS ............... I repeat : " NO MAJOR PROBLEMS " I keep it cleaned and serviced and ready to go .........

Hi,

"No major problem" is keep it cleaned and prolong the life....
Good first stage you used...

Jason

scubapro50:
"Mk 15 ? I'm still own a MK10 that after 20 years works like new"! NO MAJOR PROBLEMS ............... I repeat : " NO MAJOR PROBLEMS " I keep it cleaned and serviced and ready to go .........

I can't tell any difference between the Mk 17 and Mk 25 so far on air to depths around 150 ft.

Technically speaking as long as the intermediate pressure is equally stable (ie: little or no lag) in both regs and as long as each reg delivers an adequate amount of air, the second stage will perform identically and the user will not be able to tell what first stage is on the other end of the hose.

On the test bench, the Mk 17 is very stable and the flow rate is more than adequate for any rec or tech situation.

Hi,

My personal testimonies is both have very good balanced in any depth, I try it at 75m "No Problem" air supplies in good performance.
Back gas port setting is perfect with long hose routing.I ask friend take photo, once I have will share with your.

alo100:
Can you actually tell the difference, b/w Mk25 and Mk17, when you use it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom