scubapro mk16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Green

I've sold a few MK16/S550 and MK16/R380 regulators and so far, my customers like them. It's a high performance/balanced reg. I would say that, given Scubapro's record for high performance/high quality equipment, it will measure up also.:boom:

and I'm happy with them. They have no swivel, which is good from the "one less failure point" which is actually two or three less failure points, since there are O rings, a hollow bolt, a washer, etc., and the Oxygen Hacker guy says that overtightening that little hollow bolt is a very frequent cause of failure.

They breathe just fine, and are gunk proof. I had to take one in after about 6 months with a leak in the high pressure seat, but they're fixing it under warranty. I have used it quite a bit in some pretty yucky conditions including silt and salt, and I may have gotten some water in it a couple of times.

They could be mounted horizontally on doubles, cause they have a high and two low pressure ports on one side and a high and one low pressure port on the other. They don't have the "high flow" port on the bottom like a Mk20, but they have one High Flow on each side.

Soon's I get the other one back I'm going to see how they do horizontally.

This is a regulator that is well priced, drysealed with an antifreeze kit, and breathes godly!

The hoses route well for technical, and it does everything any competitor that has a good regulator can do and more! Did I mention that its effortless breathing at all depths?

My LDS just put a few into rental and a lot of my students are buying them too! I like the way they breath, and in the year and a bit that they've been out I've dove them on a few good technical dives.

If you want the best you want this reg or any of the other highend scubapro's.

This regulator rocks!
:auto:

Originally posted by Matt
This is a regulator that is well priced, drysealed with an antifreeze kit, and breathes godly!

Hi Matt

I need to read this board more often. I learn something new everytime.

One question does come to mind that you can help me with. How do you go about dry sealing a sealed diaphram regulator with an anti-freeze kit?:boom:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom