ScubaPro Mk10 Shims

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpwheeler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Good Morning - Need a source for MK10 1st stage shims (washers). I used ss washers I sanded down to get IP correct but they are a bit small on the OD. Also just read about the ScubaPro multi tool. Haven't run across it yet. Is it worth having and where do I get one.

The scubapro multi tool is definitely worth having if you work on your reg often. While you could find a pin spanner or two that might fit, and figure out something else for the hose fitting, this tool is a real convenience.

For the shims I'd check out Mcmaster-Carr for hard plastic washers that would fit. It would be helpful to have a micrometer to measure the thickness of the SP washers, and maybe get some of varying thickness. I don't know enough about plastic types to know what the ideal plastic type would be. I do know that the SP washers are somewhat inconsistent in how much they raise the IP.

Here is the SP tool. Scubapro Multi-Tool, Aluminum

As for the shims, I would not worry too much about a slight unsize on the OD as long as the majority is covered. MMC also has stainless shim washers that might work.

I posted a little sketch here . Outer diameter 20mm/.787", inner diameter 12.5mm/.5", .012" thick, hard resilient plastic.

I'd stick to plastic instead of metal: there were some talk about using a shim on both side of the spring to dampen some possible resonnance.

I not seen these, but if you don't mind pink, p/n 98090A230 from McMaster-Carr should fit the bill. ($11 US for 10)

Couv

Wow! A buck a piece!

But then again, I once paid 3.40 for some factory-originals. :(

I payed $1 for GENUINE Scubapro washers at 100% markup over dealer cost and thought that was a bit high. I noticed, to my surprise, that SS shims are cheaper than plastic shims on M-C. But if you need a few shims....

Another reason to favor lower IP. I have removed more than I have installed to get in the 125 to 130 range.

I payed $1 for GENUINE Scubapro washers ...

Again with the non-DIY answers.....this is the Do It Yourself section. If you have to pay more to DIY, then dammit, PAY MORE! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom