Scubapro MK10 part needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My-way

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Guys,

I need to get a new/another swivel retainer for a Scubapro MK10 plus 1st stage.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction. It is one of my backup and or loaner regs and I am quite fond of it.

I need to find the part someplace, 2nd hand will be fine as long as in good cond.

Scubapro Part # 10500104

Needs also to be posted to Australia.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

Hi there,

I suppose that you have tried your friendly Scubapro dealer around the corner...???

I have a 10500103 swivel retainer bolt from a Mk 5 (I think??) is it any different to the bit you are after?

Just had a look at a book that shows a few Scubapro exploded views and part numbers; it would appear that the MK18 and the Mk20 uses the same part 10500104 as a swivel retainer maybe that will widen your search and increase you r chance of finding the wanted bit.

Best of luck and good hunting/ diving

Brian C in cold wet England.

My '97 schematics show the -103 swivel retainer for the /Mk10/Mk10+/Mk15/Mk20. The -104 swivel retainer is used in the Mk20UL so is likely a different material.

Checked another source and the -104 is also used in the Mk25 series. Looks like the -104 may be brass while the -103 should be SS. For fit, either should work.

Edit: I was wrong on the application to the Mk5. The '97 schematic shows that swivel retainer as a -102. And it includes a note to replace older brass versions of this part with a newer SS version. Too bad Scubapro and most manufacturers would rather kill someone with these "secrets" than make this kind of information available.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input, yeah I have tried the nearest LDS and no go, going to try some leads here in AU but it is likely that I'll have to go os for parts. Which is the same for every reg I have.

For one reason and another they take a dim view of supplying internal for regs to anyone other than store personel.

Anyway, I have the schematics and indeed the service manual, albeit and old one so servicing etc presents no problem but finding the part does.

Cheers,

I should preface my last post by say I have a service manual, not a genuine scubapro one though. Inspite of it not being genuine it has worked for me for the last few years.

I'd have edited the above post but it would not let me so sorry for the double up

Back
Top Bottom