Scubapro MK/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mckinness

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have purchased a mk25 and s600 reg does the low pressure finned part go up or the high pressure with the black cap go up It doesnt say in manual. Is it personel prefrence, does it matter? Silly question I know. Help

It does not matter, position it as you like. BTW, Nice reg!

I have used mine both ways, but now with the way the reg is set up (SPG, LP inflator on the left....primary and back-up regs on the right), I have the black cap up. Don't think it matters though, probably just personal preference.

I agree that it probably can depend on your personal preference, especially based on how the hoses route. Personally, I too prefer the black cap up and the low pressure block below the tank valve. Partly, that's so that it's less vulnerable to damage from hitting things by accident, like my head or more importantly, solid pieces of equipment while above the surface.

Personal preference. For most , it will work better with the low pressure ports facing up (it will look upside down) otherwise the regulator hose will wrap below your shoulder and will restrict your head movement. Good look. It is a good regulator.

Hi have an mk25/600 and I didnt know either! I tried with cap down and it stuck up too much, so I have changed it to be cap up - my view is to put the octopus BEHIND the S600 otherwise the tube tends to float about :)

I have the Mk25/600 as my primary and as octo. I find these are the second best systems I've been diving with.

It's unfortunate my original rig setup is no longer available, and parts are difficult to find... Conshelf SE2 and the same octo as my first. I have been to 200' with both rigs and been inverted. The Conshelf rig breathed exactly as it did on the surface at 200' (diaphragm unit). The mk25/600 was less efficiant... in my opinion

It's too bad parts are difficult to find for normal diving at deeper depths and my 26 year old rig... I am not saying it will dive well in ultra cold water... But, for Florida diving and Caribbean diving, I still haven't matched the ease of breathing with the old unit...

But, the MK25/600 is my current rig for diving....

Probably doesn't matter for most divers, but the MK25 has a LP port on the very end, in addition to the 4 along the perimeter. I haven't ever seen anyone use it in either configuration, but pointing it downward is going to make it pretty inaccessible. Granted, you'd have to work pretty hard to find a use for a 5th LP port. :)

But, like everyone says, it is just a preference...low profile vs. running hoses. Just make sure you remember your preference. An instructor put my reg on my tank for me once, the other way...I was mighty confused when none of my hoses were in the right place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom