Scubapro metal seconds storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Landlocked92

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi, just wondering what people use to hold the lever down during storage to make to LP seats last longer? Something that doesn't eventually ruin the diaphragm cover.

I have a couple of the original ones from SP that fit between the diaphragm cover and diapghram. On others I just back off the orifice.

for a balanced second, the spring pressure is very light. If tuned properly, just backing off the adjustment knob (if it has one) is adequate.

I use a piece of bungee or surgical tubing or anything soft and about that thick. Some rubber covers may take a set when stored like that over time but seem to straighten out fairly quickly. I usually results the device a few hours before diving and all is well.

My best one is stored in a yogurt container disassembled, but that's a little extreme....:)

As usual, awap has a good solution. For the balanced poppet I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for your responses. Will find some bungee or the like considering mine aren't balanced.

The thing is, you can get (and in some cases make) seats by themselves relatively inexpensively, and swap them as needed.

The thing is, you can get (and in some cases make) seats by themselves relatively inexpensively, and swap them as needed.

Yes, those seats can be dirt cheap (less than the cost of one service kit for all you and anybody you know may need for 20 years). But that is no reason to waste them. Says the guy who is still diving blue and purple o-rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom