ScubaPro Meridian Battery Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awaiting word back from Beaver Divers in regards to the returned Meridian.....

Now awaiting word from ScubaPro as I've been informed they are evaluating my Meridian issue..

Now awaiting word from ScubaPro as I've been informed they are evaluating my Meridian issue..

How annoying.

I've just come out the back of a four year hate-hate relationship with my Suunto D6. Both my D6 and my wife's D4 have been back to the manufacturers after the failure of the sensor (something that a lot of the D series suffered with) and it's broken again. We live abroad and can't afford to be shipping these things across the world.

I was hopping Scubapro would have been the answer and was very close to pulling the trigger on the Meridian, but reading this I think I don't need to move my Suunto headache onto a Scubapro headache.

How annoying.

I've just come out the back of a four year hate-hate relationship with my Suunto D6. Both my D6 and my wife's D4 have been back to the manufacturers after the failure of the sensor (something that a lot of the D series suffered with) and it's broken again. We live abroad and can't afford to be shipping these things across the world.

I was hopping Scubapro would have been the answer and was very close to pulling the trigger on the Meridian, but reading this I think I don't need to move my Suunto headache onto a Scubapro headache.
Would be nice to keep the customer informed as to the status of the returned item...that would go along ways as part of customer satisfaction criteria..

It's not getting a lot of love on Amazon either with the same issues regarding battery:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ScubaPro Meridian Wrist Computer

I can understand that manufacturers sometimes come to market with a product early and run into problems, but the customer service after the fact can either ease that pain or exacerbate it.

I've just been through both Suunto and GoPro returns through defective products and have had no explanation or indication that they clearly have a faulty product. It may harm their share price or do irreparable product reputation damage, but surely this path they choose of non-disclosure and a head-in-the-sand philosophy does more harm in the long run.

Not only will I stear clear of the Meridian now, but I will also probably avoid Scubapro computer products, which is a shame as am fond of their brand as a diving manufacturer, and the Meridian did look good as a replacement for my D6 paperweight.

90% of my diving is in overhead environment. Though I use my Meridian as a backup I prefer reliability in a product thus why I continued to purchase ScubaPro products. However with this (battery) issue I therefore have concern...

Last edited:
I want to thank Beaver Divers for the many calls made to Scuba Pro on my behalf concerning my Meridian issue. Seems a few Meridians had batteries that had been sitting for awhile before being sold. Therefore I hope my issue has been resolved... Don't like seeing a low battery icon warning in a overhead environment even though this is my backup computer..

Wish I had seen this before, I have just done 20 dives with my brand new Meridian and guess what... This morning out presenting a course my battery dies on me, no dive mode. At least with my suunto I got ample warning before batteries died. I am not impressed.

I have had mine replaced twice in the last year and a half. I'd ream SP a new one here but they've done it both times without a charge. There is still the big inconvenience of not having it but at least they haven't yet charged. The first time was within a few months of purchasing it, of course just before a big dive trip. They said they would replace it but they did not. What I got back had the exact same marks on the outside as the one I sent off. I had to have it replaced again a month ago. I expect this to be ongoing for the life of the computer. I'm looking into the new xDeep and I'll keep the SP as a regular watch/backup dive computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom