ScubaPro Hydros Weight Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great decision!

I have a bit more than 20 dives with it and i am loving it.

I was using 6-8kg with a 5mm wetsuit and 3/5 hooded vest. With the hydros pro i am down to 4 and even tried with 3 and it was ok. I used 2kg in Greece when i was diving only with the 5mm wetsuit.

I had all the weights in the trim pocket, and had no weight pockets. No problem at all, but remember to take them out after the dives. I started using the soft pouches now in order no to damage the pockets.

I am diving with a drysuit now, i am using 6kg but soon i will go up 2kg as i will wear more undergarments.
Not a big fan of the weight pockets, but i am using them for now. Maybe i will switch to a classic belt at some point.

In general it is a good BCD but you need to take care of it too. I like the D rings but not using many of them anymore as my drysuit has thigh pockets.
When i had the wetsuit i was using a bungee to have the dsmb and the spool in my back. There is a video from SP that shows how to do it.

A bit plus of this BCD is that it is modular, so if something breaks there is always a replacement for it and you don't need to change a whole section of your BCD.
Safe dives! :)

Great decision!

I have a bit more than 20 dives with it and i am loving it.

I was using 6-8kg with a 5mm wetsuit and 3/5 hooded vest. With the hydros pro i am down to 4 and even tried with 3 and it was ok. I used 2kg in Greece when i was diving only with the 5mm wetsuit.

I had all the weights in the trim pocket, and had no weight pockets. No problem at all, but remember to take them out after the dives. I started using the soft pouches now in order no to damage the pockets.

I am diving with a drysuit now, i am using 6kg but soon i will go up 2kg as i will wear more undergarments.
Not a big fan of the weight pockets, but i am using them for now. Maybe i will switch to a classic belt at some point.

In general it is a good BCD but you need to take care of it too. I like the D rings but not using many of them anymore as my drysuit has thigh pockets.
When i had the wetsuit i was using a bungee to have the dsmb and the spool in my back. There is a video from SP that shows how to do it.

A bit plus of this BCD is that it is modular, so if something breaks there is always a replacement for it and you don't need to change a whole section of your BCD.
Safe dives! :)
Thanks. I’m worried this will be the death of me though. Not the BCD itself but my a Colombian gf; she’s pissed that I’m going to Cartagena by myself.

Yeah I may move to the travel straps once I figure out the correct weight. I dive with just shorts so I recently bought some SP shorts with pockets. Will probably put my Dsmb and light in the pockets. And whenever I decide to buy an actual wetsuit I will look into the Deep6 which has pockets.

I already knew about the carrying handle but can you explain the part about the weight pockets ?

Hi again,

If you don't take out the weights from the pockets when lifting the kit the weight causes the pockets where the strap runs through the loops to tear. Hope this explains better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom