Scubapro Hydros Pro with Air 2 Availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered one at my local dive shop on 8 Feb...anybody know what month backorders are currently being fulfilled?

From what I have found out through starting this thread, it sounds like the beginning of May is a realistic target date. Good luck with your new kit!

SP must be doing it right with this BC. I know two folks who swear by the BP/W who are buying the new Hydros Pro and selling their current rigs.

You might want to try and search some dive shops that are ScubaPro authorized from ScubaPro's list even if they are a couple of states away from you. Give some a call and you might get lucky.

I can attest, my Hydros Pro is worth the trouble and lives up to the hype.

SP must be doing it right with this BC. I know two folks who swear by the BP/W who are buying the new Hydros Pro and selling their current rigs.
Do you know their reasons? The thing just looks like a non-modular bp/w with plastic instead of Steel. For a horrendous price.
Guess i'll have to inspect one myself...

Only talked to one of the two guys and he said he thought the quality of the HP was better than what he had (DSS) and the fit was better.

I wonder why ScubaPro is having difficulty stocking this BC? They announced it over a year and 1/2 ago. Retail availability was about a year ago, and yet it is still in dramatically short supply. Manufacturing issues? Quality issues?

I tried on a medium and liked it a lot, though I probably need a large. I think I'm willing to overpay for this BC... but only if I can find one!

The Hydros Pro is worth every penny. I've logged 10 dives on mine already and it's amazing. Scubapro really put the research into this one.

I wonder why ScubaPro is having difficulty stocking this BC? They announced it over a year and 1/2 ago. Retail availability was about a year ago, and yet it is still in dramatically short supply. Manufacturing issues? Quality issues?

I tried on a medium and liked it a lot, though I probably need a large. I think I'm willing to overpay for this BC... but only if I can find one!

I would definitely say demand is higher for this BC than most any other BC judging by interest here and at some of my LDSs.

They can't simply take materials and fabrics and smack it together like most BCs.

They need to injection mold each piece of the harness and backplate, and also numerous colored weight pockets, which probably takes a much longer production time.

Just a guess.

Love mine and I think you will, too.

Forgot to mention. On the backplate there is print that declares the BC was made in South Africa. Don't know if this slows process and delivery or not.

Last edited:
he thought the quality of the HP was better than what he had (DSS) and the fit was better.

That doesn't say much, almost anything is better than DSS and especially for Scubapro, it is no competition :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom