Scubapro Hydros Pro BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburgert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone used the new SCUBAPRO Hydros be? I was thinking of buying one this spring, but wanted to know if it's worth the price tag.

I just dove the new one. (My second).

Pros:

1. Very stable in water. Sticks to you like crazy. No movement on your back at all.

2. Wing inflation is cool. It inflates concentrically from middle. Very easy to release air UW because of bungees. Position in water column does not matter.

3. Uncanny how it absorbs no water. Shake it after your dive and it's dry.

4. You can adjust it to fit very easily. I like the different positions of the sternum strap.

5. The rubber shoulder straps are uber comfortable. Once you tighten up-best once you're UW, they aint moving.

Cons:

1. I am not a fan of weight pockets especially these ones. Kinda bulky. So I removed them and replaced with other provided straps and it turns into a BPW. (With a supercinch strap).

Overall: I like it a lot. Very comfortable UW and I love the customisability.

I'm using one too and it's really comfortable. As tridacna has stated, it is really stable in the water and the bcd grips you very well. Surface buoyancy was also really good and I found myself upright most times although I was using the weight pockets instead of the harness system. Drys really fast and packs really small. Went for a day trip with all gear packed in the included dive bag. Really enjoy diving with it and the comfort it offers. Am now only waiting for the various mounts to be made available.

Btw tridacna, is there any way to tell if the hydros pro is the new version or the old version?

I dove one in a pool a month or so ago. Dives fine, but it is not worth the price. It's a 40% price premium over the best BP/W on the market. If they get the price under control it would be a great rig for general recreational diving, but at close to $900, it's just not worth the price

Btw tridacna, is there any way to tell if the hydros pro is the new version or the old version?

Sternum strap connections were redesigned and shoulder straps modified. Only way to tell is date of manufacture. Hard to see differences-very very minor.

Sternum strap connections were redesigned and shoulder straps modified. Only way to tell is date of manufacture. Hard to see differences-very very minor.

Thanks tridacna. Guess I'll not know if mine is the old or new version till I can compare with another side by side.

Thanks tridacna. Guess I'll not know if mine is the old or new version till I can compare with another side by side.
When did you get yours?

What is the purpose of 2 shoulder dump valves and a third on the bottom?
All that customization but only one lift size for the wing? I would have preferred more wing size options and losing the bungee. But then again I'm not the right customer anyways.o_O

Back
Top Bottom