Scubapro Go SPORT sizing accuracy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may be a bit late in replying, but for future searchers sake, I wear mens 10.5 or 11 sneakers and with 3mm booties my Go Sports are size M.

Go Sport and Eddy Fin pocket comparison. The Go Sport pocket is larger and more contoured and open at the toe:

You might be able to get a size 12 Nike foot in there :wink:.
I have the Eddie fin and had a look at the Go Sport. The Eddie fin has a much better strap as it's adjustable to three positions and much more secure than the Go Sport. The latter has a bungee non adjustable and is held by a metal crimp which looks like it could be a failure point, for if it slips you'll lose your fin. The Eddie has the same strap as the Hollis F1.

I have the Eddie fin and had a look at the Go Sport. The Eddie fin has a much better strap as it's adjustable to three positions and much more secure than the Go Sport. The latter has a bungee non adjustable and is held by a metal crimp which looks like it could be a failure point, for if it slips you'll lose your fin. The Eddie has the same strap as the Hollis F1.
I agree with you and if not in this thread, in several others have stated the same thing. The Eddie Flipper has a better and more robust strap.

And nothing stops us from using a spring strap on the Go Sport either at extra expense.

James

Ok, update as I received fins today.

With my size 12 (US) feet, the size large fits about perfect with 3mm Bare short booties, with a thin rubber sole. And They also fit my 7mm booties that have thicker soles to them that wrap up around the sides.
Might be abit snug with those, would have to try them out in the water to be sure, but I have larger cold water fins (Scubapro Jet Sports) that I likely would use here in cold water anyway.

Ok, update as I received fins today.

With my size 12 (US) feet, the size large fits about perfect with 3mm Bare short booties, with a thin rubber sole. And They also fit my 7mm booties that have thicker soles to them that wrap up around the sides.
Might be abit snug with those, would have to try them out in the water to be sure, but I have larger cold water fins (Scubapro Jet Sports) that I likely would use here in cold water anyway.
Which fins again? We’ve been discussing several.

You and I have the same size foot (12). In SP Go Travel (not Sport) , I wear XXL with 2 mm bootie. In Deep6 Eddy, Large in 3 mm bootie. Go figure.

Which fins again? We’ve been discussing several.

You and I have the same size foot (12). In SP Go Travel (not Sport) , I wear XXL with 2 mm bootie. In Deep6 Eddy, Large in 3 mm bootie. Go figure.
Sorry, I was the one who started the thread, so I was talking about the Go Sport.

I'm guessing as the Go Travel are made to fit without booties, you might be able to wear them in a large without?

I don't have wide feet either, fwiw

After reading all these comments, I have no idea what to think now LOL. Anyone out there have a size 9 thick soled boot and wide feet? According to the size chart, I should be at the border of medium and large, but I assumed with wider feet and heavier duty boots, I would size up. Then I see people with 12 inch feet wearing large and second guess my logic.

After reading all these comments, I have no idea what to think now LOL. Anyone out there have a size 9 thick soled boot and wide feet? According to the size chart, I should be at the border of medium and large, but I assumed with wider feet and heavier duty boots, I would size up. Then I see people with 12 inch feet wearing large and second guess my logic.
I would think with a wide foot and thick soles, you may well be into large territory. I don't find them at all tight with size 12 3mm boots, with my 7mm with a "medium" thick sole, they are getting about as snug as I want them, but haven't tried them in the water with them (bought these mainly for travel).
In the large, my 3mm bootie-ed toes stuck out the hole a bit, and there was little stretch in the strap, so they have some width to them.

I'll see if I get a minute to take some pics.

I have a pair of the Go Sports size large with 6.5mm full sole boots size 9 and my the boots fit all the way into the pocket with a little room at the toe. The goal was for the fins to be roomy and just fit with the full sole wet boots and be big enough to also work with rock boots and I think I stuck that perfect balance. Large fins would be too big on anything smaller than a size 9 full sole wet fin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom