Scubapro ffm ambient air valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldflounder

Contributor
Reaction score
New Hampshire/Maine seacoast or Lake Winnie
# of dives
200 - 499
I would like to ask questions of someone that is an experienced Scubapro ffm user. Please only reply if you are one of those people. Others can stop reading right here...............no trolls allowed.................... I am learning to use this mask and the past several dives I have discovered that I don't need to have the ambient air plug/cap in place when entering the water. So far I have only been down to 20' with it uncapped because I have trouble getting my fingers into the nose spaces with winter gloves on and can't equalize my ears. This valve stays closed so long as I don't turn my head to the right and let the opening get lower than my face. I did not get an instruction manual with the purchase and cannot find one online. Can you tell me what your experience is with this - am I doing something dangerous? - how deep can I go before the valve blows [is that possible even?] - where can I purchase replacement straps if I break these? - can I make some kind of nose plug/pad to help me equalize? I really would appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Thank you in anticipation of your reply.

Back
Top Bottom