scubapro Evertec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a look at it today. It is a very good looking trilam suit, not to bulky. I will have to start saving money for one. Things I liked about the suit:

+ Telescopic torso
+ Latex Seals
+ Zipper in front, easy donning
+ Awesome hoodie
+ Pockets on both legs
+ Lightweight
+ Seems very durable

Things I did not like:

- Socks only. You can still use a neoprene or rock boot.
- Expensive
- Unable to test dive one

Looks like a Dick Long suit with different valves.

Probably is.

"Things I did not like:

- Expensive"

Compared to what? It the cheapest trilam suit I've seen in a long time. Less than 1/2 the cost of a comparable DUI.

Converted is around $1800. I can import most other suits for less.

Converted? What do you mean?

South African Rand to US Dollar (7.5 rands to a single dollar)

I live in Africa and nearly all professional/technical gear is imported, heavily taxed (clothing item, thus 100% tax) and then sold with a profit by the shops. This makes a huge impact on the price we pay compare to what the rest of the world pays. Sorry for not making this clear. Scubapro already sells professional/tech gear at a discounted price, but still around $1800 for the suit. I am not sure what you would expect to pay for it in your region? I can fly to the UK for a week, have a suit custom made and still get it for less than buying here

I was on the look-out for a Seaskin Nova but went to my LDS and saw the the Scubapro Fjord suit. Tried that one then the Evertec.
It feels Really nice and flexible and although not as thick os the outgoing Fjord HD due to only a single skin, it felt just as strong and fairly light at just 4kg. I bought the suit, with undersuit, rock boots, hood and a changing mat/bag for just 880 Euros (1200 dollars) Compare that to a Waterproof Draco drysuit at 1200 euros (1650 dollars) I don't think it is to bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom