Scubapro Everflex vs Camaro Stingray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cosmin

Reaction score
Hi!
This is my first post here.
I just changed locations (from Asia to Europe) and i need to change my exposure suit. Until now i always doe in SE Asia (thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia etc) and always used 3mm full or 3mm shorty - usually cheap stuff.

Starting this season i'll be diving in the Black Sea. Average water temps:

April 10* C / May 15* C / June 20* C / July 23* C / August 25* C / September 21* C / October 17* C / November 13* C

I prefer warm to cool and I need a versatile exposure suit - something i could use o a trip to the Red Sea, let's say and also in the Mediterranean...

I figured a 7mm suit (+ hood) to which add a 3mm or 5mm shortie in case i feel too cold would do the business. After some research and based on what is available in my area I decided for a Scubapro Everflex Steamer 7mm and i also ordered it few days ago.

Today i saw another exposure suit, same price (well - 15 bucks cheaper), with similar specs the Camaro Stingray Semidry 7mm.

Question is - did i make the wrong choice?

Cheers,
C

You're not comparing apples to apples. The Camaro is a semidry while the Scubapro everflex is not. That being said, in December I bought the Everflex 5 mil with the 7/5 mil hood. It is by far the warmest 5 mil I have ever owned. The beginning of the year, I was diving in a local lake with temps at 54 degrees F and was very comfortable. I can only think that the Everflex 7 mil will be that much warmer.

Thanks!

Given the difference, should i have gone with the Camaro or SP is a good choice?
I understand SPE is tight enough to come close to a semi-dry...
C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom