Scubapro Dump Valve Removal.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was on a quest to remove the dump valves on my scubapro knighthawk bcd and I couldn't find a commonly available tool that would work. I made my own and it took about 15 min, $3.69, and a few simple hand tools. I would post a pick but I dont own a camera. so I will explain what I made.

I bought 2) 1/4-20X2" bolts and nuts and a piece of 3/4"X1/8"X8" flate steel bar stock. I drilled 1 hole in the end of the bar and used a caliper to measure the span on the dump valve. Then marked for the other hole, drilled and installed both bolts. worked perfect the first time and I made a couple observations.

Scubapro dump valves are not compatable with the el-cheapo dump valves I have laying around but I dont know if they are compatable with other expensive brands. I will be checking on that in the future. The knighthawk has no internal bladder so watch out for sharp objects and overhead Environments cause thats an expensive piece of crap that has little repairability.

If anyone wants more specifics on what I did or has any other questions about scubapro dump valves PM me. Thanks

127 059a (1).jpg

Yeah hello I'm good, walked into the scubapor shop cold and ordered one, thanks for asking
Are you so personably new to computers or is this just how you are with doing diving things

Friendly, helpful and respectful is how you're described on this site. Correct?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom