ScubaPro dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IWhen they get color screens to where the battery lasts a couple weeks of use I'd say it would be worth it.

I think a Perdix AI with a SAFT battery is already there. And then some, I think. Of course, it depends on how much actual diving you're talking about when you say "a couple of weeks". My Petrel 2 lasted me a few months on an alkaline battery with regular weekend trips to the quarry.

I think a Perdix AI with a SAFT battery is already there. And then some, I think. Of course, it depends on how much actual diving you're talking about when you say "a couple of weeks". My Petrel 2 lasted me a few months on an alkaline battery with regular weekend trips to the quarry.

I'm thinking something that can support a couple weeks on a liveaboard getting regular use. I like being able to put a battery in my computer and not have to worry about it for a year or so, and on the off chance the battery dies, pop it out, drop in a new one and I can forget it for another year. For me, displaying numbers in color is not enough of a benefit on its own. If they get the tech to where you couple practically put full color had maps of a site on your computer, etc I'd be all over it. But as is, I do not find the old style hard to read by any means, especially when it's as big as it is on the Galileo. If someone thinks they are going to be doing a bunch of black out conditions diving, maybe that should be a deciding factor. Otherwise, my opinion is it's a cool feature, but not worth the cost (i.e. low battery life). And to be clear, I'm not dissing any particular comparison computer as bad. My point is simply that the Galileo is a really nice very user friendly computer that will be more than adequate for most divers in most situations. The op asked about Scubapro computers, my opinion the Galileo Luna is the best bang for your buck as far as Scubapro computers go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom