Scubapro Compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LBHeyman

Contributor
Reaction score
I am considering buying one of your masks. I currently use a MK25/G250V set up by Scubapro. I love my regulators and don't really want to get rid of them. Is is possible to use this set up with your masks? If so which masks are compatible? Thanks.

Yes, you can definitely use your own 1st and 2nd stages with our FFMs. We have a mask called the Neptune II. This mask looks very similar to the Neptune Space mask, except it has no integrated 2nd stage. It comes with an adapter to attach your own 2nd stage straight to the front of the mask.

Another way to integrate your existing setup with our Neptune Space mask is by using your G250v as an octo. The Neptune Space already has a 2nd built into the mask, therefore, you could either have your G250v attached as a normal octo or you can buy and adapter which would attached you octo to the divers right side port. For the last configuration, this would allow you in case of an emergency to not be forced to remove your mask from your face.

Either way you go, using your own 1st stage is common and is not an issue.

I have one more question. I see to use a standard regulator you need an adapter. Will my regulator connect to the front of the mask or on the side? I would still like to use the surface air valve. Thanks.

You have two options. If you decide to purchase the Neptune Space full face mask, you will have your primary second stage integrated on the front of the mask. Therefore, your G250V would attach where the would normally be a surface air valve.

If you go with the Neptune II full face mask, your G250V would mount directly to the front. This would allow you to still use the surface air valve. In the event that you needed to use your octo, you would remove the ffm and use your octo without a mask or with a backup mask.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom