scubapro Climatec undergarment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a buddy that is thinking of getting one of these garments for warm weather diving. Are they any good/light enough for summer diving down to 50 degrees? He is diving a TLS350.

Thanks.

Yes they are good and great for warm/colder waters, but there is a lot of other choices out there for the same price (might even be better). I have one and dived in 40ish water (80min BT) with a ski base layer without getting cold.

As mentioned, it is good but I believe there are better (price) options available (hollis, 4th element, whites). Compare prices.

I was thinking he could go 4th element myself. But he got to look at one of these at his LDS. You know how it goes.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

I'm liking the look of the waterproof 4pc set. I would need a XXXL top and XL bottom though.

What is the Climatec? Polartec fleece I assume?

I would assume so. But the weight is the question. I was looking at the waterproof stuff it's a four piece set and priced about the same.

sent via nookcolor N2A.

Yes I saw that. My buddy dives a TLS350 and I never did see anything about this with a tri-lam suit and temp ratings.

They don't make it very easy to figure out fabric thickness/weights so you can compare one outfit to another do they. I can tell you this though, in my tri-lam suit (freedom 2) I wear fleece sweat pants with a Polartec 200 sweatshirt (Cabelas) and a DUI Polartec 300 vest (DUI) down to the upper 40's. If the Climatec is less than a Polartec 200 it probably won't be enough down into the lower 50's. The description in the other thread makes the Climatec sound thinner. DUI's web site has a pretty good description of the different Polartec ratings. DUI - ActionWear DiveWear

Oh yeah, I wear underarmour cold gear or similar longjohns too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom