ScubaPro BPW issue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The hose on my BPW BCD oral inflator is too short resulting in having to reach higher up on my shoulder to reach the inflator.deflator buttons than I like. I thought maybe I had the donut configured too high (and lower would be better) but when I tried to move it, I didn't find any more holes that lined up where I could move the donut (bladder) lower on my back. I double checked the straps just in case I laced it wrong but nothing there. This is not a new problem, it's been like this since I got it roughly 10 years ago, I just decided to see if I could fix it. I checked to see if ScubaPro has a longer hose but not finding one. Gonna' let it rest then check it again; maybe take it to the scuba shop for their advice, but was wondering if anyone else here encountered this issue.

Shorter is good, level with your shoulder dring ish does it reach your mouth comfortably, advanced enough

Didn't know scubpor made a backplate and wing is that legitimate
or, did they grab hold of the line, as the ferry was leaving the dock

I have the opposite problem as I find the Hydros Pro inflator hose too long.
Scubapro do make different lengths available, but they don't seem to be available from many outlets:

Scubapro BCD Corrugated Hose – Standard Length 40cm (part number 01.030.121)
Scubapro BCD Corrugated Hose – Short Length 35cm (part number 01.030.115)

Listed compatibility is:

Scubapro Bella
Scubapro Equalizer
Scubapro Equator
Scubapro Glide
Scubapro GO
Scubapro Hydros Pro – Men and Women
Scubapro Hydros X – Men and Women
Scubapro Level
Scubapro Seahawk
Scubapro X-Force
Scubapro X-Black