ScubaPro Aladin Square first switch on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frada

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an italian OWD from about a year and I am new to this forum.

I am opening this post in the hope that someone else having a ScubaPro's Aladin Square can help me with its first usage.

I received yesterday this DC from an internet store but until now I was unable to switch it on for the first time; as specified in the short manual attached to the DC, it is shipped in an hibernation status to preserve the battery until the first use and it addresses to the complete user manual to find the procedure to switch on for the very first time. However, nonetheless I have carefully read the entire manual, it seems that there is not any note about this procedure.

The computer switches on only when I connect the SHARC interface with the USB plugged into a port of my PC, but when I detach the interface from the DC or the USB cable, it switches off again, and this makes me suspicious that the DC's battery is completely discharged or the DC itself is a "dead on arrival" product.

I also wrote to the ScubaPro's Technical Support but until now they didn't answered.

Any hint will be useful to me to try to solve this issue; thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Sounds like the battery is DOA. If you haven't already, post this over in ScubaPros Manufactures sub forum you "might" get a quicker response.

Sounds like the battery is DOA. If you haven't already, post this over in ScubaPros Manufactures sub forum you "might" get a quicker response.

Thank you very much for your answer; I will do as you suggest.

Regards.

I just received my new Aladin Square in replacement of the first one but, nonetheless this one switches on, the initial battery check reports "Low"; according to the user's guide this means that the DC is not usable in diving for safety reasons.

As an electric engineer I perfectly know that all batteries are prone to a self-dicharge phenomena even when not in use but, in my opinion, ScubaPro should instruct its authorized resellers on how to check the products before the shipment.

What should I do now? Request another substitution waiting another week with the risk to receive another DC with a battery already dicharged?

Many of the local ScubaPro's authorized resellers are now closed for season's holidays, and this means that I should wait 2 or more weeks for the simple battery substitution.

I'm sorry but I'm thinking to request an RMA with full refund to the seller.

Last edited:
I believe the Aladin Square uses a single CR2450 3V battery. This battery is popular in many small size wrist computers and has enough power reserve for the OC1 and most of the SUUNTO's because of their small display. The Square has a large display (that would drain the battery faster) which probably explains why you have a "low" battery twice with new computers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom