scubapro air 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The reason the Auto Air, Air II etc have different (wider) medium pressure hoses is to ensure sufficient air flow. The normal standard med pressure bc/Drysuit hose (Schrader fitting) can not flow enough air for a OOA diver

That's exactly right. The Air2 LP hose is bigger to provide more air flow...I forgot to differentiate between hoses in my previous post. I was talking about the corrugated hose, saying that it should fit into most BC's.

You either love em or hate em. nobody seems to have a half way opinion

Personally I have 3 and have had 2 of em for 15 years now without a single problem. I actually like them as BC inflator/ deflators and find them more comfortable to use than the normal standard inflators (they just seem to fit my hand and the buttons are where I'd design em to be). You then have the bonus of you can breathe off of em (yes I know you can also do that of the standard inflators, but not as easily)

As long as you plan your dive and your redundancy properly then its all down to personal preference. I dive DIR rigged doubles but with the extra Air II as a bonus. Some will say extra point of failure, but it hasn't and it's been there 15 years and about 2000 dives

Back
Top Bottom