scubapro air 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

are then hose lenghts that much different?

sorry for the spelling let me try again-are the hose lengths that much different in length?

I wasn't too specific was I? I was talking about the bore size (diameter) of the hose, not the length. For a 100% acurate answer, I would call your local Oceanic dealer. In this case, size does matter.:boom:

You shouldn't have too much of a problem with it....the Air2 is just made to replace a standard power inflator...you may have a bit of an issue if you're hose on your bc is a little too small/big though. If you grab ScubaPro's number off of their website and give them a call they will connect you up to a tech right away and answer any questions you have...I've called them before and they are very good.

I have an Air2 on my ScubaPro BC...just from personal experience, I'm getting an octo. I don't like the Air2. I don't feel as safe with it as I do with an actual octo.

I believe the ScubaPro Air2 and the SeaQuest Air Source both use hose fittings that are different from a standard LP inflator hose. I have an Air Source, and I am not able to use a standard LP hose with it. My LDS, a ScubaPro dealer, told me the Air2 did not use a standard hose fitting either. This would be consistent with what I have seen with dive alert. They come in three models... standard, Air2, and Air Source. The only reason they would need three models is if the LP inflator hose fittings were different.

The AirII should work on any BC from any manufacturer with a standard inflator/dump valve on the left shoulder. Just be sure to get the AirII hose with the AirII. From my experience, carrying along a spare hose, or even better, your old inflaor & hose with a backup octopus, may save a day of diving if you ever have trouble with it.

The air2 takes a 1" corrugated hose which is standard for most manufacturers. However, I believe Oceanic is one of the few manufacturers that uses a 3/4" corrugated hose. I doubt if it can safely be stretched and I have never seen an adapter. You might be able to replace the entire elbow (pull dump valve) but that gets well into the PITA category. If you have the BC, measure the diameter of the cougated hose where it fits onto the inflator. Or measure the circumferance: 1" hose will be over 3 inches (about 3.25 to 3.5) while the 3/4" hose will be well under 3 inches (about 2.5 or so).

Back
Top Bottom