Scubapro Air 2 vs Zeagle Octo+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If a Dive Alert and AIR II cause a tilt... well, never mind!

Apeks made the Beuchat AIR also.

The Octo+ is really a decently designed AIR. You can deflete it while breathing on it, a
likely issue. (BTW, why would you orally inflate an AIR if you're breathing on it? Just power inflate!) And you can easily suck the air out of your BC with the Octo+, to make a drift dive or do a buoyancy test.

It does have a couple of issues with service. But then again the others have them too. (I have dealt with all but the Atomic AIR.) If the Octo+ had a plastic orifice 95% of the troubles would be solved.

In the mean time, I keep 6 of them working in my training gear with only a little extra care.

And for the record... Zeagle makes zero dollars on the Octo+.

Chad

Firsterjr:
If any one could give me there thoughts on this.... I am getting the Zeagle Ranger LTD and either the Zeagle Octo+ or the Scubapro Air2. I have heard bad things about both. i need your opinion on the BC and the Octo/inflat combo. Or would you choose something else? Thanks for the input.

I love Zeagle too as I have a Ranger and a 50D reg. But I went with the Atomic SS1 power inflator as I wanted to get rid of a hose. You should really think about doing this if you are going to go to the trouble of getting an octo.
I do not miss mine at all

Dave P

Why does this board intermittently offer no edit capability?

I can't fix "deflate" in my above post.

Chad

Yet on this post I can edit!

Firsterjr:
If any one could give me there thoughts on this.... I am getting the Zeagle Ranger LTD and either the Zeagle Octo+ or the Scubapro Air2. I have heard bad things about both. i need your opinion on the BC and the Octo/inflat combo. Or would you choose something else? Thanks for the input.
hi i! have been diving with the air 2 since it came out in the early 80's. i still dive with my first air 2 on one of my b c's . it still works as good to day as the day i bought it. i also have the newest generation of air 2. it breathes a little better that the first generation. in an ooa situation how "easy " an alternate air source breathes or and oct breathes is really a moot point. it is to allow you to pass your primary 1st stage to the OOA emergency and you take the back-up. this is supposed to allow both of you to safely reach the surface. i don't use an octo. that's just one more hose. i do use a 7' hose on my primary reg. if i am diving a single tank then i ALWAYS have a 30 cu. ft. pony bottle with it's own reg on it. if i am diving my doubles i still have the 7' hose on my primary and my secondary on a neckless around my neck. both of the b c's that i dive with have air2's attached. i've never had one of them fail!!!!!!!!!!! i''d buy another one for my next b c . ken

I have been using a AIR ll since the first gen came out. I like the Scubapro, Tusa, Atomic having the buttons on the top. When I had a Octo+ the button location really bugged me.

Do not put the rubber stopper on the air intake unless there isnt any water in it. They will rust and corode otherwise.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Zeagle will have a new backup similar to the Spare Air?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom