Scubapro A700 with Poseidon Mark III First Stafe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOB0.01J

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello guys! Yesterday I dove in NH with my Scubapro A700 and Poseidon first stage. It breathe sooo good. I have used many other single hose regulators, even poseidon xstream, but the A700 outperforms all of them. It was so easy breathing to the point where it took 0 cracking effort to get air. Also, I have used a double hose that VDH converted, but i kinda gave up on that cause it was hard to breathe. What are your guys experience with SP A700?

Attachments

• 9F78A72C-46CB-4B8F-8481-5CC9C088CDE9.jpg
    9F78A72C-46CB-4B8F-8481-5CC9C088CDE9.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4012.JPG
    IMG_4012.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 64
I knew that Poseidon firsts had an IP of 160 psi, while Scubapro firsts are set to 140 psi. I guess that that A700 should be near the limit of free flowing.

I knew that Poseidon firsts had an IP of 160 psi, while Scubapro firsts are set to 140 psi. I guess that that A700 should be near the limit of free flowing.
You are probably right, that's why it was so easy breathing. I assume mix brand between first and second stage is not a bad thing...

You are probably right, that's why it was so easy breathing. I assume mix brand between first and second stage is not a bad thing...

It is a bad thing if you exceed the manufacturer's specifications on either side. You have to be careful that the second stage isn't on the edge, or past, of instability.

Poseidon firsts can be adjusted to whatever IP you want. If used with the the cyklon 2nd stage they are set to 166 psi, otherwise they run at 123 psi for Jetstreams and Xstreams.

Poseidon firsts can be adjusted to whatever IP you want. If used with the the cyklon 2nd stage they are set to 166 psi, otherwise they run at 123 psi for Jetstreams and Xstreams.
Hopefully the OP did any adjustment.

Hopefully the OP did any adjustment.
My MK III runs around 125, it runs perfectly with the second stage. It doesn't seem like an issue, and with no free flow whatsoever :). Hopfully it will stay that way

I did have an Xstream second stage, but i switch back to my SP A700. Because I did not like the breathing characteristics of the xstream

Hi,
A higher IP does not result in easier breathing. The second stage has to overcome the IP to open.

Best wishes Jens

Hi,

A higher IP does not result in easier breathing. The second stage has to overcome the IP to open.

Best wishes Jens
It does for an unbalanced classic downstream second stage, especially if it’s tuned to a higher IP. If you then paired it with a low IP 1st it would breath harder.

Back
Top Bottom