Wanted Scubapro 109

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry @Art Challacombe I'm fresh out. How about a nice G250 Surf? It goes with anything. :eyebrow:

IMG_1166.JPG

I just rebuilt one...now I'm not sure what I'm going do with it. I'll dive it just for fun, but then?
Then when you stop, you'll go into CWS, and @couv will have to come resuscitate you.

(Chrome Withdrawal Syndrome)

I just rebuilt one in Rob Singler's course just to get the experience, and now I'm not sure what I'm going do with it. I'll dive it just for fun, but then?

...just for fun? After you dive the Chrome Beauty with nothing but sweet air coming to you, you'll relegate all those "Plastic Fantasic" second stages to the "loaner" bin.

Then when you stop, you'll go into CWS, and @couv will have to come resuscitate you.

Chrome Withdrawal Symptoms?

Edit: On second thought, @Lorenzoid , for your safety, you'd better send me the 109 for quarantine so that you may avoid addiction.

...just for fun? After you dive the Chrome Beauty with nothing but sweet air coming to you, you'll relegate all those "Plastic Fantasic" second stages to the "loaner" bin.

Being new to the 109 and familiar only with the plastic fantastic second stages, it wasn't so much the chromed metal body that impressed me--at least not by itself--but rather the brazed-in metal valve tube. Talk about rock-solid construction.

Being new to the 109 and familiar only with the plastic fantastic second stages, it wasn't so much the chromed metal body that impressed me--at least not by itself--but rather the brazed-in metal valve tube. Talk about rock-solid construction.
Primary difference between a 109 and a "modern" Scubapro reg.... You can hammer nails with a 109 and it will still breathe great!

The old chromed brass seconds are very nice, but they are very heavy and they will scratch, dent and corrode. There always seem to be a lot of them on ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom