Scubapro 109 cover screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozziworld

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I recently bought a set of 2 scubapro 109 seconds on a MK5. I noticed today that the 2 screws of the clamps that hold the regulator together are different. On one unit they are allen heads and the other set they are flat bladed screws.

2012-06-12%252023.31.27.png

2012-06-12%252023.30.47.png

I was thinking of replacing the screws so they are the same on both units. Are these screws stainless steel or chrome plated brass? Am concerned if the brass and stainless steel being dissimilar metals might be prone to galvanic corrosion.

I was just hoping to just replace the screws with stainless steel ones of the same type.

The heads of most of the screws you find are too big, but you can grind them:

109-screw.jpg

I use stainless steel and don't have a problem with corrosion. I just put a bit of lube, keep them from seizing too.

I'm pretty sure the allen fitting screws are the newer kind. I've never had to replace them, which is kind of surprising considering how many of these things i've gone through. I bet some SP dealers have the screws if you need them, but only the allen fitting ones.

On the photos you posted, the top one (with allen screws) the clamp is upside down. I don't think it matters much.

Halocline, thanks for pointing that out. Dove them last weekend and they both breath great. I guessed they are from different production.

Is it normal to take the covers off after rinsing so the parts dry faster and more thoroughly? I have always done that with my G250 and Conshelf SEs which are plastic and don't need tools to remove the covers. I feel compelled to do the same here but seems they were not necessarily designed to be taken apart that often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom