ScubaMom says "HELLO".

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,
Went to the scuba show this weekend and met up with Dr. Bill and NetDoc and they suggested I get on scubaboard and post some of the things my “kid” has been doing.
My name is Dawn Ziegler aka: ScubaMom. I know a lot of you already and although I am not “technically” a diver, I have been resort diving, am married to a diver and gave birth to a fish, I mean diver. Lol
The scuba board guys thought you might be interested in hearing what the youth of today and our hope for tomorrow’s oceans are up to. If you aren’t interested that’s ok too. You can skip over my posts.

I have found over the last 5 years of this underwater journey that most everyone in the scuba and science communities have been super supportive and huge cheerleaders for us. We so appreciate the support on this journey we have decided to take with our daughter whom has decided to dedicate her life to everything “OCEAN”.

Rebecca is currently in her senior year at University of Hawaii double majoring in Marine Science and Communications. It has been mentioned over the last few years that there is a huge gap in communication between the “experts” and the “average” person like me. Becca hopes to bridge that gap going forward in her education.
She is a pretty dynamic easy going person and as such, wants to do everything and anything that has to do with the ocean. Conservation and preservation, education, blogging and volunteering, filmmaking and photography, underwater archeology, subs and rovs. Just about anything on or below the sea she wants to do it all.
Shes had an amazing start to her Ocean Science career for her young age and if you are interested you can check out her website www.rebeccaziegler.com or facebook “becthediver”.
If you have any questions, ideas, thoughts etc please direct them to me. I handle all this stuff for her so she can concentrate on school and her 3 jobs.
(Research Assistant, Turtle Responder and Outdoor Adventure Guide.)
Thanks again for all the support.
ScubaMom

Howdy and welcome to SB! :admingreet:

Sounds like a wonderful family.

hello from south Florida............i graduated from the University of Hawaii @ manoa, so your daughter has a wealth of info at her hands and the best ocean to study....good luck.

Back
Top Bottom