ScubaDiving.net Need Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucybuykx:
Hi Al, Glad you are back! And thanks for the explanation.

I think perhaps you did not get a response for so long is that similar questions are asked quite often, although seldom so eloquently, and not everyone is ready for change. :11:

I think both me and Dive-aholic agree that there already a lot of niche diving social networking sites. e.g.
The sites above have different philosophies and different aims but I still think there is something missing. I would be more than happy to point you in the directions I have explored, but as I too have a business interest to pursue (theDiveBuzz) I cannot share with you my conclusions. :shakehead

Hi Lucy..

Thanks for all the links... I did not really know that there are already so many networks around! That was the reason I started the post.. to get "feellers" for ideas. Of course I wont want to reinvent the wheel so I have to think of something special to attract the visitors. Thanks!

diversjobs:
The imporant thing to understand is that people in boards like ScubaBoard, are in love with diving, not only that, they dive because is a way of living for many of them.
My question is: If you are not a diver even.. how are you going to connect with your divers?

I fully agree on this. That is why I will have to start scuba lessons sooner or later but basically, I am doing my research on how to develop my domain name. For now, I know that social networks and forums are already overcrowded so I will have to look into a platform which is more interesting.

As everyone know, internet users are very fickle and they get bored easily. I might just have to capitalize on that to make up for my lack of "conection" with divers. Cheers!

Al

flowerfish:
Hi Lucy..

Thanks for all the links... I did not really know that there are already so many networks around! That was the reason I started the post.. to get "feellers" for ideas. Of course I wont want to reinvent the wheel so I have to think of something special to attract the visitors. Thanks!

No problem. I wish you the very best, and of course if you have any other questions, now you know where to come!

One piece of advise though - get signed up for that diving course! - your only concern will be why you put it off for so long :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom