Scubadiving after lasik...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nivai

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi guys

I did a lasik surgery 6 weeks ago
And my doc told me i can dive regularly
Im a 30 meter diver .
Did anyone had any problems or told something else ?
Im currently in malapascua in the islands of philip...

Thanks

I had LASIK and no problems diving afterwards though I waited something like six months

I had the surgery about 14 years ago. I waited about a month to dive. I do everything I did before now with no problems. Only difference is I can see much better now.
At 6 weeks you should be fine, especially if the doc says so. Your biggest risk is physical impact to the eye.

If it's healed well with no issues then don't worry about it. I had a couple months of hell after mine, but after we got everything under control no issues diving.

I had laser cataract surgery on both eyes. After 5 weeks, my ophthalmologist cleared me for unrestricted diving. Have had no issue with either eye at 115 foot depth.

had lasik done 4 years afgo no problems and just had surgery back in october to remove the gel in my eye because of bleeding 6 weeks later in the pool doing splash sessions and diving in Caribbean in January with no problems ,my surgeon told me that the eye was one of the fastest healing organs in the body

I had it 2 weeks prior to taking OW course in 2005. Advice from the doctor(s) was keep eyes closed in water. I did--no problems at all. Instructor said it was OK to do all the mask skills, etc. with eyes closed. I started diving regularly 2 months later in Florida and didn't even think about it.

It's been 12 years, and my eyes are finally getting a bit worse after no change for years. Then again I'm pushing 63. Doesn't affect diving at all (yet?).

Back
Top Bottom