ScubaBoard USA or ScubaBoard International?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
It's only March but at ScubaBoard we're always looking forward to warmer months and better places! If you haven’t visited the site lately now is a great time to stop by and check out all of the exciting updates that have recently taken place. From a growing number of equipment and travel articles to a brand new trip planning directory ScubaBoard is expanding right and left to help you get ready for those fantastic summer vacations!
From the latest ScubaBoard mailing. I thought that this was an international board? You do know that the southern hemisphere has different seasons, right?

Awww, poor Ben, feeling left out? :wink:

Seriously though, I'll bet that well over 90% of SB's readers are in the northern hemisphere.. and SB itself is American owned and operated. I can understand your frustration, but there's nothing wrong with SB catering to its market.

just means they're helping you plan WAY in advance..:D

I feel your pain, Ben. We lived in Richmond for 2 years and it took 1 year for us to adjust to the calendar. When we got back to the states we had to get used to the crazy yanks wearing shorts in August! :wink:

-Bill

Scubaroo,
My appologies! I wrote this month's newsletter and although we are a US based company several moderators and thousands of our users are from other countries, including ones a bit "South" of the United States. Next month I'll be sure to proof read the newsletter when NetDoc reads it, keeping in mind our southern members.

Scubaroo....was this just a dig at all of us freezing our behinds off, while you are enjoying your beautiful Aussie summer? Did you have to rub it in like this? Sheesh!!! :froze:

Aussie winters are not exactly frigid either - as evidenced by the lack of any Aussie Ice Diving threads.

As someone who writes for a living I can tell you it's darn difficult catering to a universal audience ... you will inevitably end up choosing words that sound exclusionary to at least a portion of your readers ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
As someone who writes for a living I can tell you it's darn difficult catering to a universal audience ... you will inevitably end up choosing words that sound exclusionary to at least a portion of your readers ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Exactly. Now if we can just get folks to stop calling generic BCs by the agency specific "BCDs."

Back
Top Bottom