ScubaBoard SURGE Central 2020 Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trying not to get sick. Everyone in my office has been sick over the past 3 weeks except me. 4 more working days to go. 90% packed! Already restless at night anticipating this trip!!!

Hi Dizzi,

Yeah, me too (the cold thing). We have been flying the last two weeks and I seemed to be the sick-person magnet--why do they seem to congregate around me...

I will finish packing this weekend. I had already prepacked to make sure I could make weight (15 lbs, and 55 lbs for the twin otter).

I always worry about this before dive trips. Oddly, I had my cold over Christmas, which wasn’t fun, but hopefully I’m good until at least after this trip.

Uhgg! Yeah, me too (both the worry part and being sick over Christmas part). My right ear is still impacted but should be OK by next Saturday. Stay healthy bro!

cheers,
m

Hello Surgers!

Cathy and I are totally packed and ready to meet-up with all of you at LCBR.

We have been reading their website. We keep uncovering jewels.

Here is one:

"As long as divers remain in buddy teams and stick with the predetermined limits, it’s their option to follow the tour or go off on their own."

I love the zig-zag profile. After reading the quotation above, I am really getting jazzed.

Swim tours are cool but swim-a-thons are something else. You can have your u/w racing; I won't fight you for it.

Hopefully, Cathy will want to do some different profiles with me, or maybe we can switch buddies now and then (Pete...Bruce...Lynn...?).

I am now looking forward to doing some zig-zag profiles (I don't know if this is an industry term or not [zig-zag profile]?). Zig-zag is going down, to say, 110 fsw on your first dive of the day--straight down the reef from the mooring. Then slowly, ever so slowly, zig-zagging up the reef and checking every nook and cranny that you and your buddy find. Zig-zag up the slope toward the mooring.

I may have to buy more batteries from the dive shop for my flashlight--it will be working overtime to illuminate all of those crevices, nooks, and crannies.

Cathy loves this jewel: "No Tank Dancing on Our Dive Boats"

Diving Vacations at Little Cayman Beach Resort

I like this also:

Reef Divers Standard Profiles for Multilevel Computer Diving
Dive #1: Max 110′ for :50

Dive #2: Max 60′ for :60

Dive #3: Max 60′ for :60

Times, Equipment and Diver Forms- Little Cayman Beach Resort

Cathy is definitely taking advantage of this gem:

"Nature Spa Puts More "Aah" Into Your Dive Vacation"
Scuba Diving Resort at Little Cayman Island

I am going to miss my bus-riding-kids... For a few minutes, maybe.

:cheers:
m

Can I live vicariously through you until Roatan?

Have a great trip everyone.

How come I don’t hear Andrea Bocelli when I splash? That would be so awesome.

I can sing to you if that would help. :troll:

It looks like the water temperature is currently 82 degrees around little Cayman. That's a little warmer than I'd expect this time of year. I guess I'll leave the wet suit at home. :)

Me too! I dive as I is.:giggle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom